UNI athletics are looking to add to the experience of UNI football and men’s basketball games to fans 21 years of age or older.
UNI Athletic officials announced on Tuesday that alcohol will be available for purchase to the general fans in the UNI-Dome and McLeod Center for football and men’s basketball games during to 2019-2020 season. The first event with this new addition will be this Saturday when UNI football takes on Southern Utah for the 2019 football season opener.
“We always look for ways to improve our fan experience and have the best game atmosphere possible. We are excited to provide this new amenity to our fans,” Director of Athletics David Harris said. “We did a lot of work to make sure that we do this in a safe and responsible way. I am thankful to our partners across the university and in the community who helped make this a reality.”
A variety of domestic and craft beers will be available for purchase on the concourse of the UNI-Dome with a limit of 2 beers being purchased at a time. UNI will have wristband stations setup which can be obtained with a valid ID.
Alcohol is strictly prohibited in both student sections in the UNI-Dome and McLeod Center and TC’s Kids Club. Alcohol free zones in the UNI-Dome include lower sections of E,F,G and H (student section) and section A (TC’s Kids Club). The alcohol free zones in McLeod Center will be in sections 110 and 111 (student section) and section 112 (TC’s Kids Club).
Fans are encouraged to report any violation of this policy or any unruly behavior by notifying stadium or law enforcement personnel, calling 319-273-2710 during football game days. Please dial 911 for emergencies.
UNI Athletics Alcohol Sales Policy
- All guests must be 21 years of age and show a valid ID to obtain a wristband before purchasing alcohol.
- A valid wristband is required at the time of purchase.
- A limit of two beers may be purchased at one time per wristband.
- Sales will begin when doors open in the UNI-Dome (hour-and-a-half prior to kickoff) and in McLeod Center for men’s basketball games (One hour before tip-off).
- Sales will end when the game clock has expired at the conclusion of the third-quarter for football and 10 minutes left in the second half for men’s basketball.
- Guests are not allowed to bring alcohol into the UNI-Dome or the McLeod Center and are not allowed to exit with alcohol.
- UNI Athletics reserves the right to search guests for alcoholic beverages.
- Alcohol is not allowed in the student section or in the TC’s Kids Club area.
- Guests are not allowed to give alcohol to other guests under the age of 21.
- Failure to adhere to these policy guidelines may result in ejection from the arena without refund.
For more information on the University of Northern Iowa’s campus-wide alcohol policy, Click here.